Welcome to the heart of Georgia’s Lake Country!
Lake Oconee is a hidden oasis nestled in Greene County, Georgia, in between Eatonton and Greensboro and just 15 minutes from I-20. Many celebrities and families alike flock to their vacation homes here during the summer and many others are proud to call Lake Oconee home year-round.
RTSO is Lake Oconee’s premier transportation company. Whether you need transportation from the Atlanta airport or a chauffeur for a private family event, RTSO will be there to transport you and all of your friends.
Things To Do
Things to Do
There’s no shortage of things to do in Lake Oconee! You’ll be glad you came to visit once you knock a few of these activities off your list:
- Rent a boat from a local marina
- Golf at one of the many golf resorts in the area
- Shoot guns for fun at Sandy Creek Sporting Grounds
- Ride through the dirt at Durhamtown Off Road Resort
- Camp out at Old Salem Campground
- Drink a few local brews at Oconee Brewing Company
- Catch a movie at Parkside Main movie theater
If you need help getting from one place to the other, give us a call. We are always happy to provide Lake Oconee transportation to out of town guests and locals alike!
Places to Eat
Fresh seafood, locally grown produce, and a relaxing environment are trademarks are some of the restaurants you will find in Lake Oconee. No matter where you go, the food will be delicious! We’ve rounded up a few of our favorites to guide you:
- Amici’s, 1101 Parkside Main #105, Greensboro, GA 30642
- National Tavern, 1145 National Dr, Greensboro, GA 30642
- Gaby’s by the Lake, Ritz Carlton, 1 Lake Oconee Trail, Greensboro, GA, 30642
- The Chef & The Wife on Main, 109 North Main Street, Greensboro, GA, 30642
- Silver Moon, 1077 Greensboro Rd, Eatonton, GA 31024
- Iron Fork, 106 Harmony Crossing #1, Eatonton, GA 31024
If you’re visiting for a special occasion, give RTSO a call so you can arrive at your restaurant in style.
Places to Stay
You won’t find many chain hotels around Lake Oconee. Part of what makes this area so special is it’s small-town, yet simultaneously luxurious, feel. Instead of motels, you’ll find chic resorts or bed and breakfasts. A few in the area include:
- The Lodge on Lake Oconee, 930 Greensboro Rd, Eatonton, GA 31024, (706) 485-7785
- Farmhouse Inn, 1051 Meadow Ln, Madison, GA 30650, (706) 342-7933
- Goodwin Manor, 306 S Main St, Greensboro, GA 30642, (706) 453-6218
- The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, 1 Lake Oconee Trail, Greensboro, GA 30642, (706) 467-0600
- Holiday Lodge,2470 Old Eatonton Rd, Greensboro, GA 30642, (706) 453-7300
In addition to these local hotels, there are also many vacation homes for rent on Airbnb or VRBO. Once you find a place you’d like to call home for a little bit, give us a call to arrange your transportation arrangements.
Places to Golf
Places to Golf
Most famously known for its plethora of golfing opportunities, the golf options at Lake Oconee are seemingly endless. If you have a fun day of golf course hopping planned, give RTSO a call so you can arrive in style and on time to each course.
Fan favorites include:
- Harbor Club
- Del Webb
- Great Waters
- the Lodge on Lake Oconee
Weddings & Events
Lake Oconee is a great place to get married…just ask Carrie Underwood! There are many event venues to choose from and places to stay in the area. If you’re planning a wedding, don’t overlook the minor detail of how you plan to leave your wedding and arrive safely back to your honeymoon suite. RTSO specializes in wedding transportation services. Whether you need a personal chauffeur for your getaway car or a private driver for the bridal party, there is no better transportation service in the Lake Oconee area than RTSO.
Some of our favorite wedding venues in the area include:
- Oconee Brewing Company
- Sandy Creek Barn
- Corry House
Lake Oconee is also a great place for a bachelor or bachelorette trip. RTSO can shuttle you and your best friends to all of the joys Georgia’s Lake Country has to offer for an unforgettable trip!
Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness
If you’re worried about squeezing in a workout while you’re on vacation, don’t stress! There are many gyms in the area, including:
- Bodyplex Lake Oconee
- Lake Oconee Family Fitness
- Body Works
- Kali Yoga
If any health issues arise, St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Hospital, Putnam General Hospital, and various cardiologists, ophthalmologists, and family practitioners in the area will be able to help you. Your health is in good hands when you visit Lake Oconee! Don’t be afraid to call RTSO for any health and wellness trips you might take – but if there’s an emergency, please call 911.
Want to visit Lake Oconee but not sure how to get there? RTSO will gladly provide transportation from the Atlanta, Milledgeville, Athens, or Augusta airports. Give us a call and we will be waiting for you just outside of baggage claim.
There are many airports in the area you can fly into, including:
- Hartsfield-Atlanta Airport
- Athens Ben Epps Airport
- Baldwin County Airport
- Greene County Regional Airport
- Augusta Regional Airport
Do we need to convince you more? Lake Oconee is a great place to visit or hold a wedding, family event, or golf trip! Let RTSO drive you, whether you need to be picked up from the Atlanta airport or driven from golf course to golf course. Book with us today!